Outdoor kitchens let you cook full meals while enjoying great weather. With the proper outfitting, they offer a far better experience than a camp-style cooking arrangement. Here are 10 accessories for outdoor kitchen installations that you must have to enjoy a truly enhanced experience.
- A great grill. Whether you prefer gas, charcoal, or even electric, a grill is mandatory if you want that outdoorsy flavor.
- A refrigerator. Running in and out of the house for refrigerated items is a drag. Keep your cold stuff in an outdoor refrigerator instead and you won’t have to leave the party!
- A Kegerator. If you’re into outdoor parties, get a kegerator that’s made for the outdoors. Built-in models are impressive and durable.
- An oven. Not all foods are suited for the grill. Have an oven installed for those things that just have to be baked.
- Sun umbrellas. An outdoor kitchen won’t be much fun if you’re broiling alive under a blasting-hot 95-degree Florida sun. Grab a few big sun umbrellas to block the UV rays without blocking your view of the yard.
- Citronella torches or candles. Mosquitoes can ruin an otherwise perfect outdoor dining experience. Citronella smell helps keep them away and can reduce the need to wear insect repellent. Torches and candles with citronella oil are readily available, and can add beauty to the area even when not in use.
- A firepit. Metal firepits can be set up anywhere outdoors as long as there are no flammable materials near or above them. Put one in the center of an open patio to get that campfire feeling without actually roughing it.
- A sink. Hot and cold running water might not seem that important when you have it right inside your house, but an outdoor sink with it will come in handy more than you may realize. You won’t have to go in to get a drink of water or to wash sticky barbecue sauce off of your hands (or clothes!).
- Organizers. You’ll want to keep your outdoor kitchen tools handy. Ensure that they stay clean and organized with racks, drawer inserts, lazy Susans, and other organizers like you would use in your indoor kitchen.
- Sufficient cabinetry. Don’t skimp on cabinets for your outdoor cooking and gathering area. When you have enough places to put everything, you won’t lose key items. With the right cabinets, you’ll also find it easier to keep wildlife out of your stock of plates, cooking utensils, and other essentials.
The Importance of Choosing High Quality Accessories
Anything left in the outdoor environment is subject to harsh conditions. The extreme level of UV rays in the Orlando summer can bleach, crack, and otherwise deteriorate things that are exposed to it if those items aren’t UV resistant. The rainy season also takes a toll, and weak items often won’t survive it.
The solution is to buy durable, high quality products that can stand up to the extremes of Florida weather. We work with several brands that have passed the test. You can be sure that they’ll last for years with recommended care.
What About Hurricanes?
An outdoor kitchen that is made as a permanent installation can handle a lot of wind and rain, especially if it is made with storm resistance in mind. Make sure it has excellent drainage to resist flooding, and choose an installation area that has some protection against direct blasts of wind. Most if not all built-in accessories will be fine after a big storm.
Lighter accessories such as sun umbrellas and cooking utensils should be taken indoors if a tropical storm or hurricane is predicted. These things are too light to resist extreme winds, even if they’re the highest quality.
Do Durable Outdoor Kitchen Accessories Look Good?
Our luxury outdoor accessories are beautiful as well as functional. We work with brands that understand that ‘”fine” does not have to be synonymous with “fragile.” These companies have spent years building outdoor durability to their products while retaining clearly high-end appearances.
Plan Your Outdoor Kitchen Before Construction Begins
If you’re thinking of adding an outdoor kitchen, work with our designers to ensure that everything you want is included in the best possible ways. We can build many accessories right into the kitchen, so it all has a truly professional look as well as functionality.
Upgrading an Existing Outdoor Kitchen
If you already have an outdoor kitchen, you can upgrade it by having new accessories built in. Our crews will do the renovations needed to bring out the full potential of the space. You are sure to love the results.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to upgrade your existing setup, don’t hesitate to contact us at Orlando Outdoor Kitchens. If you’re in search of top-notch outdoor kitchen essentials like a grill, kegerator, or refrigerator, we offer a diverse array of options to suit your preferences. We’ll be glad to work with you to create your ultimate outdoor eating area.
Comments are closed.